There are a few settings that need to be set on Windows 8.1 or Server 2012 in order for AEC to function correctly.
First, ensure that AEC is installed on version 2.8.10 or higher. If the version is lower, please request that the version is specified for Aura Updater from senior helpdesk staff.
To verify the file version, open AEC.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Alphapos\Aura.
Regional Settings The regional settings need to be set correctly to ensure that AEC operates correctly:
- Right-click Start and select Control Panel > Region.
- Click Formats and set the settings as below:
- Click Additional Settings… and click Numbers. Set Decimal Separator to “.” then click OK.
- Click the Administrative tab and then Copy Settings…
At the bottom check the Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts. Click OK.
Run as Administrator
Finally, the AECSrvCore.exe needs to be set to run as Administrator for all users:
- Right-click AECSrvCore.exe and select Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Click Change Settings for All Users and select Run as Administrator
- Click OK then Close
Set Up AEC Upload Settings
- Open the AEC Control Panel (Open AEC.exe, click Launch Control Panel).
- Click Login. use Admin as username and 4dm1n as the password.
Setting up Data Extract
- Click Aura > Data Extract. you will see the Data Extract Settings page
- If the store has an ADSL connection, set the settings to the following:
- When should data extracts be done: Select Every… minutes then type 120 into the text field
- What data should be extracted? Select Older Than…and type 120 into the text field. Select
Minutes from options to the right of the text field.