If a store has not completed their cashup properly for the previous day or wasn't able to close up properly, they might be faced with outstanding orders that need to be resolved before they can complete the cashup and/or outstanding drivers that need to be cashed up.
Any employee that has orders assigned to them must be cashed up so that money is accounted for. These employees must be cashed up after they are clocked in even if no orders have been assigned to them for that time. The following guide for drivers can also be applied to Waitrons.
Aura has security settings that prevent new till shifts from being opened until the previous day's cashup have been completed. However, outstanding orders and drivers might not be able to be resolved without an open till shift to pay or overring the order into. This causes a vicious circle where one condition prevents the other from completion.
There are two methods to resolve this problem:
Method 1: Alter Cashup Settings.
|NB: This method is preferred as it doesn't involve altering the system date, however, it means that any sales or over rings yet to be resolved will now display on today's cashup date, which some store managers or owners are unhappy with, since the cashup may be unbalanced.|
1. In Invoicing, click Settings (NB: you may require a franchisee-level password for this).
2. Navigate to All Computers > Program Settings > Cashup
3. Unset the option Cannot open tills if previous days Shop Cashup is unposted.
4. Click Apply then Close.
5. You may now open a till shift for the current day, and orders may be paid or over rung into that till.
6. Under the Employee tab in Cashup, select the unposted Driver and click Post. Select the active till.
7. The manager may now post and lock yesterday's cashups, and post the Shop cashup. They will need to note the differences caused by the outstanding orders on the cashup report.
8. IMPORTANT: Remember to enable the Cannot open tills if previous days Shop Cashup is unposted in Invoicing Settings.
Method 2: Set the date back.
|NB: This is ONLY to be done with Franchisee or Area Manager authorization, and ONLY under supervision of a Helpdesk Supervisor. Turning the system date back can cause errors in the database if managed incorrectly, so always BACK UP THE DATABASE before beginning the following steps.|
1. Close Aura applications on all other machines. On ONE machine only, open Invoicing.
2. With Invoicing open, double-click the Windows time in the bottom-right corner, and set the date to yesterday's date (or the date of the open till cashup).
3. Open a Till Shift in Invoicing, and orders may be paid or over rung into that till.
4. Under the Employee tab in Cashup, select the unposted Driver and click Post. Select the active till.
4. The manager may now post and lock the day's cashups, and post the Shop Cashup. This includes the shift you've just opened.
5. Set the date back to the correct date. The store may now trade as normal.