Due to the threats presented by being connected to the internet, Cosoft requires Anti-Virus protection on all machines running Aura in order to protect you from viruses and malware that may negatively affect your Aura system. Cosoft recommends ESET NOD32 Antivirus as the default antivirus for the Aura POS system, and as a result it is preinstalled with all Aura-supplied computers.
NOD32 requres a license in order to operate. A license is required for each machine running NOD32, and is valid for 1 year each. If purchased as part of a new Aura installation the first license fee is included. Thereafter it will have to be renewed, either by contacting ESET directly or though the Cosoft support helpdesk.
The license is R250 (ex. VAT) per machine for 6 months of protection.
How to check and renew your license:
1. Open Nod32 by double-clicking the ESET icon in your Windows notification area or by clicking Start > All Programs > ESET > ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
2. The expiration date is displayed next to License valid until in the main program window:
3. If the license is expired, or nearing expiration, you can visit the Nod32 Renewals page, or email email@example.com. We will send you your new ESET license key.
4. In NOD32, Click Help and support > Change License.
5. Type, or copy/paste, your License Key into the License Key field and then click Activate:
NB: IF you are sent a Username and Password instead, which is necessary for older versions, click I have a Username and Password, what do I do? and follow the given instructions to convert them into a license key.|
6. Click Done.
In the NOD32 Program window, press Ctrl + U to open the Username and Password setup window:
If there are any specific problems with NOD32 then please contact their support team. You can find more details about that in the following link: