The Pebbles from ABSA are designed to be tamper proof.
If someone were to try to tamper with it, it will destroy itself and show a message saying "Pebble Compromised". If this happens, you need to contact ABSA support on the following number for a replacement. 0860 111 222. You will need your merchant number when you call.
The following actions could be interpreted by the Pebble as attempted tampering:
- Hard Bumps
- Voltage Changes
- Current Changes
- Hot Temperatures above 55 degrees
To avoid unnecessarily compromising pebbles, you can take the following actions:
- Do not place pebbles on warmer shelves
- Do not place pebbles in delivery bags or near steaming food
- Do not put pebbles inside the back bin of a delivery scooter
- Do not get pebbles wet
- Do not use incorrect chargers
- Try not to drop them or bang them