Microsoft has discontinued three versions of Windows. They are:
- Windows XP (discontinued in April 2014)
- Windows 7 (discontinued in January 2015)
- Windows POSReady 2009 (discontinued in April 2016)
We do still have a number of customers using computers that are running one of these versions of Windows on either their tills or their server.
Cosoft will no longer be supporting these operating systems in future versions of Aura. The time has, therefore, come for these machines to either be replaced or at least to install a recent version of Windows onto them. Current supported Windows versions are:
- Windows 10 Professional
- Windows 10 IoT 2016 LTSB
If you have purchased your hardware from Cosoft and it is either the HP or the Hisense brand, you only need to purchase the Windows license and request a call out for us to install it. You can do this by calling 086 099 4155 and asking for sales.
Cosoft sells two slightly different versions of Windows 10 IoT 2016 LTSB:
- Windows 10 IoT 2016 LTSB for entry-level processors/workstations (R856.47 ex vat as of Jan 2020)
- Windows 10 IoT 2016 LTSB for value level processors/servers (R1792.94 ex vat as of Jan 2020)
If you are not using hardware purchased from Cosoft, please talk to your hardware supplier to get the computers upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. This might however not be possible on older hardware, so please consult with your supplier.
NOTE: Please make sure that your Aura database has been properly backed up before reloading Windows onto your server.